• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new version of Lightroom Classic will not open my images from my old LR. New images added open

fine in the LR Classic.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain further. What do you mean by "open", what Lightroom Classic action is that? What happens when you try? What is the exact error message, word-for-word, unedited, verbatim?

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic. Please state the exact version NUMBER of your OLD Lightroom. Please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system. We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v11-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I'm if not clear. So, when i launch Lightroom Classic (launches fine) and added new images in a new folder, they import fine in the new 11.2 version. My problem is trying to access the image files from folders in the old version. It just doesn't find them. I've rechecked to make sure the images are still on my hard drive and they are all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera took these photos? RAW or JPG? What is the old version NUMBER?

Also, there is no Lightroom Classic 11-2

My problem is trying to access the image files from folders in the old version. It just doesn't find them.

What doesn't find them? Library Module? Import dialog? Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you upgraded from your previous LrC version to LrC 11 you would have received a prompt to upgrade your Catalog to conform with the new version by creating a copy and upgrading it. It appears that did not go right and the wrong Catalog file was upgraded and you have lost contact with your earlier work. Please post a screen capture of the folder which contains your Catalog file. It's normally named Lightroom and located in your Pictures / My Pictures folder.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the view as list, to display the files and the date modified info, so we can identify the Catalog file that needs to be upgraded.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 5.56.30 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_8069.jpg

IMG_8071.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the delay but unfortunately I'm going to have to get back with you later. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_8071.jpg

IMG_8069.jpg

  

IMG_8071.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines