Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just bought a new laptop and added Lightroom v 6.0 and Lightroom Classic v 12.2.1 ( I have both on my desktop computer.) I synced v 6.0 first and when I tried to sync v 12.2.1, I got a message that said I can only sync 1 version.  Lightroom Classic v 12.2.1 is the one I really need.  I'm running Windows 11 Can you help, please?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand it correctly, if you plan to stop using Lightroom 6 then if syncing is all up to date now, disable syncing from the Lightroom 6 version of the catalog. The real restriction is that only one catalog can be enabled to sync to the cloud, regardless of version. After sync is disabled in the Lightroom 6 catalog, it should be possible to enable syncing in the Lightroom Classic 12 catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled syncing in Lightroom 6 on my desktop, then on my laptop I uninstalled both versions of Lightroom.  I reinstalled Lightroom Classic only and it wouldn't launch, so I followed these instructions:

• Clean Lightroom Install Procedure
  • Close Lightroom
  • Restart the computer
  • Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom
  • Restart the computer
  • Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.
  • Restart the computer
  • Launch Lightroom
  • Wait 5 minutes

I waited the 5 minutes and nothing has happened. Curiously, Task Manager says it's running, but I see nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are now many reports of LrC "not starting". See this link for some info from Rikk Flohr (Adobe Employee)-

LrC NOT STARTING

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check this out:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I uninstalled both versions of Lightroom from my laptop and reinstalled only Lightroom Classic using these instructions:

• Clean Lightroom Install Procedure
  • Close Lightroom
  • Restart the computer
  • Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom
  • Restart the computer
  • Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.
  • Restart the computer
  • Launch Lightroom
  • Wait 5 minutes

I waited the 5 minutes and nothing has happened. Curiously, Task Manager says it's running, but I see nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines