• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classig / my tags visible for other users without exporting

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tag my photos and want other users who have access to the same photos to be able to filter by those tags. Is that possible somehow?

I and the other users have subscribed to the entire Adobe suite.
I do not work through the cloud because the storage space there is not enough.

many thanks for tips or corresponding available links

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

I suspect you are using Keywords in LrC.

Unfortunately, these keywords are not synced to the cloud and therefore are accessible only when working locally.

Let me know if I misunderstood you and if yes, please share more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

If you write your keywords to XMP from Lightroom Classic, then they exist in the photo file (for JPG and TIF) or in the sidecar .xmp file for RAW originals. Then most photographic software, and even your operating system can read the keywords and search for specific keywords. I realize this is not as good as searching in Lightroom Classic, but it is possible. Whether or not it meets your needs is up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are using Keywords in LrC.

Unfortunately, these keywords are not synced to the cloud and therefore are accessible only when working locally.

Let me know if I misunderstood you and if yes, please share more details.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you write your keywords to XMP from Lightroom Classic, then they exist in the photo file (for JPG and TIF) or in the sidecar .xmp file for RAW originals. Then most photographic software, and even your operating system can read the keywords and search for specific keywords. I realize this is not as good as searching in Lightroom Classic, but it is possible. Whether or not it meets your needs is up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines