• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic migration do over

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished migrating my Lr (Lightroom Cloud) photos to LrC (Lightroom Classic), using a new catalog. I realized after starting I chose the wrong subfolder format (in Preferences->Lightroom Sync). After the LrC sync completed I paused it, and haven't made any changes in either Lr or LrC.  It looks like the photos in Lr are unchanged. Can I rerun a Lr -> LrC sync again, to a new catalog without losing anything? LrC Preferences->Lightroom Sync lists 'Deleted All Synced Data' but I doesn't appear anything has been deleted on the Lr side.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you can continue sync and than reorganize folder within LRc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the reorganizing would be a lot of work.  The subfolders created during the migration are -

YYYY

MM-DD

where what I wanted was -

YYYY

YYYY-MM-DD

I would have to rename hundreds of subdirectories MM-DD to YYYY-MM-DD (then use 'Find' to update the catalog to the new directory?). Just thinking it would be easier if I could simply do the migration again. Unless there was a way to have  LrC to magicly rename them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can redo the sync to a new catalog (after setting the download folder structure correctly). The only issue is that you'll be temporarily doubling up the local hard drive usage, so check to make sure you'll have enough local hard drive space. Obviously, you can delete the first catalog and the downloaded files, but I'd suggest not doing that until the second attempt has finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming it would be safe to redo the sync. Can you tell me what 'Deleted All Synced Data' in Preferences/Lightroom Sync means or does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means DELETE ALL DATA IN YOUR CLOUD STORAGE!! That may NOT what you want to do! In actual fact it doeasn't directly do that, instead it sends you to the LrWeb app where there is an option to remove all images stored in the cloud.

If you are thinking about using it in the first (incorrect) LrC catalog as a means of deleting all the images that are stored in the incorrectly dated folders, it doesn't do that....it does the opposite, i.e. it would keep all the images in the Classic catalog, but would delete the synced copies from the cloud.

It COULD be used to clear the cloud AFTER you have synced a new LrC catalog to get the images into the preferred dated folder structure, if that's what you want to do....just make sure everything has downloaded into the new LrC catalog and it's setup the way you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks the explanation Jim. That (DELETE ALL DATA) was the setting when I did the initial migration, but I never got sent to the LrWeb app when the migration completed. My concern doing another migration was that some data  might have been deleted in the cloud, but apparently that wasn't the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines