• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crash my iMac and auto reboot my mac everytime I run

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problem with Lightroom with my iMac, every time I open Lightroom and everything go freeze ( keyboard, mouse, etc) then shutdown my mac and reboot again.

Anyone have this problem and anyone can help me fix the issue??

I try uninstall and install again, same problem.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Hi gtr,

You may try and turn off the graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences also, check if there is any update pending for Mac OS.

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gtr,

You may try and turn off the graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences also, check if there is any update pending for Mac OS.

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try it out!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, your welcome.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gtr, I am having the same issue. did you fix yours by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac continues to freeze then restart using Lightroom Classic. Continues when I turn off the graphic processor. Most often before it crashes the fan runs high and loud.

Anyone find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"My iMac continues to freeze then restart using Lightroom Classic. Continues when I turn off the graphic processor. Most often before it crashes the fan runs high and loud."

This typically indicates that your computer is overheating and its firmware is shutting it down abrubtly to prevent hardware damage.   LR uses much more of your CPU than most desktop apps, especially when doing export and other batch operations.  This generates a lot of heat, and if the computer's cooling system isn't operating properly, it will overheat.

Some troubleshooting steps:

1. Install the free Intel Power Gadget and keep it visible on the screen as you run LR (e.g. doing multiple large exports).  If the computer is overheating, you'll see the temperature approach 100 ℃ before it crashes.

2. Use a vacuum cleaner to clear out all the dust from the vents and fans.

3. If Power Gadget shows overheating and vacuuming doesn't help, get the computer repaired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines