• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashes when moving photos

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic keeps on crashing. Although I have strong doubts - I must assume that it could be my external. I am trying to get my photos out of Lightroom to my new software - Luminar. But while I try to export photos from my external - through Lightroom it crashes continuously. I then tried to copy or move photos from my external to my hard drive on pc (windows) through Lightroom - but it keeps on crashing. I already have backups of all my original photos (RAW) on my hard drive - but do not want to lose the changes I made in Lightroom. Any advice on how I can save my photos and safely move or export them to my PC's hard drive. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos are not 'in' Lightroom-Classic. You do not 'get photos out of Lightroom to new software'

Lightroom-Classic has (built in) the ability to  send a (copy) photo to any 'Additional External Editor' by the [Edit-In] menu commands.

You may need to add the other software to the list of External Editors, or they may have installed a Plugins for Lr-Classic.

And I think you need a better understanding of how the Lr-Classic Catalog works.

Start with the free eBook for Lr-Classic https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

Yes, system crashes are usually hardware related (faulty drives, etc)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response but as I said my problem is hardware related. I still do not have a solution to get to my photos and relocate them through LR to another folder so that Lr will know where they are kept in my new hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to research methods to troubleshoot your Windows system.

Search the System Event Logs for crash reports.

Seek a computer technician to diagnose the fault.

A common cause (mostly Mac systems) is 'over-heating' of the cpu. Check for blocked fans, etc.

I have read your first post several times, but still do not understand what you are trying to achieve.

If it is simply to move files to another Hard-drive, see this link- MOVING PHOTOS- 2 Methods 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thanks for your response to my problem. Let me put it simply as I am very much a layman when it comes to computers. I have been using Lightroom for several years and this is the first time I have had problems of this nature. Background: my photos are stored on an external 4GB not even using 40% currently. Problem: When I start LR it reads photos from external. But approximately 20 minutes into working i.e. editing or deleting photos LR will crash (report sent to adobe). As a resort I tried to move folders / photos to the hard drive on my PC (through the prescribed LR system) assuming the external is causing the problem. However, the same happens LR crashes and I get the report "problem send to adobe etc" When I move photos directly from external to my PC's hard drive - it works fine, and I now have all the photos copied to my PC. Now I need to get LR to see / read from the PC and not the external. Hope this provides a better picture.it there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your system up-to-date? Please check your operating system if there are updates and/or patches available.

Please check also all drivers for your hardware (mainboard, chip set, and so on).

If new drivers and patches available please install all and check again.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines