• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashing continously

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to LR 11.4.1 in order to be able to access my Canon R7 RAW files. After the "upgrade", the application crashes every minute or so. I downgraded to LR 11.3 and then again all the way to LR 11.0 - unfortunately it still crashes. I cannot downgrade to LR 10.x as the new catalog is not compatible with the older version.

It seems as if there is some setting that LR 11.4.1 changed that now causes it to crash.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this issue? Thank you very much.

macOS Ventura, mac Mini with M1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a crash report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/important-steps-for-manually-resetting-...

Quit Lightroom Classic.
MacOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.
Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes". 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your macOS preferences security and permissions is set full disk access for LrC.

See the link below for more info.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck, didn't help either. Attached the new crash log... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your operating system is "macOS Ventura, mac Mini with M1"

From what I see online that is released in preview version. I have not seen anything yet to suggest  that Lightroom Classic is supported.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you upgrade the OS to beta macOS Ventura?

Before or after the last time LrC worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a month ago. LR has been working perfectly with Ventura until now. I guess I'll roll back to Monterey, that should help. 
Unless someone has any other good ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah i have a M1 Macbook Air running Ventura and it keeps crashing too. It seems like Lightroom Classic doesnt support MacOS Ventura yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines