• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashing with the new release (11.0)

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update (11.0 and 11.0.1) I have had nothing but problems from Lightroom.  I am using a completely updated MacBook Pro (mid 2014) and have never had any previous problems with Lightroom.  Now it crashes my computer every couple of minutes.  I first thought it was a hardware problem and took it to Apple but after extensive evaluations I was told my hardware was still performing normally.  I have turned off the GPU, reset the preferences, and also looked into the XMP files as I have read elsewhere to no avail. It's still crashing as it was.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  I did not see any crash dialog.  I'm sure I can get it to happen again if you'll tell me what to do or look for in order to post that information.  Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not receive a crash dialog from Adobe, it is likely that the crash is occuring at the OS level.

Something else you can try:

Create a new user in the Mac OS with Admin privledges and attempt to crash Lightroom from that test user account.  Are you able to crash it? Any dialog? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip!  I'll follow up later and let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey. So I tried that.  I created a new admin account, ran it for a while and did some other work I needed to do which was nice.  Feeling better about the situation I tried to run Lightroom (it had been approx 1 hour with zero problems) and ran it for about 20 minutes but then, it crashed the whole computer again.  It may definitely be a problem with my Mac OS but whatever that problem is seems to be triggered by running LR.  Again, zero issues with either for the last 7 years on this laptop until the LR upgrade. So very frustrating and each side just points to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currrent Status, Computer still crashing.  After a lenghty call with an Adobe tech, I was told it was a conflict with Apple.  So now, both sides are pointing the finger at the other.  Very frustrating for a consumer that has never had any issue whatsoever with either company until the last Lightoom update.  

Things I have done to this point, 

Unistall/Reinstall Lightroom

Turned Off the GPU in Lightroom Preferences

Reset my Preferences in Lightroom

Take my computer to the Apple store for a hardware evalutation (everything checks out)

Reinstalled iOS in my Macbook (clean install)

Reset the SMV on my Macbook

Reset the PRAM on my Macbook

Computer still crashing randomly

Obviously there is an issue somewhere but neither company seems to be able to dig down far enought to find the golden nugget that solves the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines