• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom create VC after editing and being able to use before and after and see original

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use to edit pictures and at some point I may want to take it to a different direction and therefore I create a virtual copy. My problem is that once I create a virtual copy from a picture which is already edited, when I use the "before/after" shortcut it does not show me the original picture (raw file straight out of the camera) but the edit ( at the point ) I created the virtual copy.

How can I create a virtual copy ( after editing the master) and be able to use the before and after and see the original ?

Tnx in advance !

Ps. I use to reset the original, vreate a copy and paste back all the edits I did before but it is a pain in the ass...

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

In the original photo, in the History panel, select the lowest history state, the first one, create the virtual copy from that point.

Then select the last history state before leaving the original as to not foul things up, accidentally, later, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the original photo, in the History panel, select the lowest history state, the first one, create the virtual copy from that point.

Then select the last history state before leaving the original as to not foul things up, accidentally, later, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tnx a lot for the answer ! I have to say that I dont like too much to always have to close the preset panel and open the history one, or to scroll down to history since is a bit time consuming. I personally found a walkaround and I create a virtual copy > reset >create virtual copy and delete the first VC. It may be mroe steps but I can do that only by shortcut and I find it quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines