• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom creates duplicates when republishing to Flickr

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you make any changes to a photo that is included in a set that has been published to Flickr it moves from the "Published Photos" section to the "Modified Photos to Republish" section. When the set is published these are supposed to update the existing image on Flickr (as per this page: How to publish photos from Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC to Adobe Stock and social media), but Lightroom just re-uploads it, creating a duplicate on Flickr (albeit with the updated version of the image). I have just updated to the latest version of LR Classic, 7.2, to no avail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

When the set is published these are supposed to update the existing image on Flickr

I don't really see where it says that. But you have to have a Flickr Pro account to be allowed to replace existing photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the set is published these are supposed to update the existing image on Flickr

I don't really see where it says that. But you have to have a Flickr Pro account to be allowed to replace existing photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't explicit, but under the heading "Upload to Flickr", part 2, it says "If prompted, click Replace to update published photos with newer versions", which clearly implies that photos which are being re-published should replace their existing counterparts on Flickr rather than being added again.

However, I think you're right about the Pro account level requirement. This is not well-documented on Flickr's end, and you can replace photos on a free account via the website which is why I thought this should be working, but the API does appear to restrict this to Pro accounts; error code 1 for the photo replacement API is "Not a Pro account": https://www.flickr.com/services/api/replace.api.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now started to get this issue. I have a Pro account and have been able to update images with no issues but I am now getting dupes every time I republish. I don't think it started right after the Mojave upgrade but I do't recall it before wither. Anyone have any thoughts as I am at a standstill ATM.

Additional - I have just been back to take  look at some earlier uploads and it was happening before the Mojave update. It seems that any image that is updated creates a new version.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting the photos to be republished in Flickr.  There are 55 photos I have not touched in years.  I have a pro account and contacted them, they said it was a bug in adobe.   I talked to adobe tech support  they told tme to edit settings then leave as is.   so this is the second time in a couple months,  I am running the current version of  Lightroom classic and Windows did an update right before this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines