• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Crop Lock does not hold aspect ratio when resized

Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 200 images.  The first image is cropped to a custom aspect ratio and locked.  The crop is then synced to all other images.  All good so far.

But when I open any other image in edit mode, and attempt to change the size of the crop (eg. by dragging a side), the crop ratio immediately changes and the custom crop is lost.  This is very frustrating problem as I am unable to apply a custom aspect ratio and make size adjustments.  Is this normal in LR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

To resolve this exact problem, I just restarted Lightroom.  Afterwards, I got the expected locked ratio after syncing a bunch of photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have clicked on the lock icon to unlock the aspect ratio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was not the issue.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LOCK is to lock the crop to the selected aspect ratio during cropping.  If you UNLOCK then you can do a free form crop.  Its not for locking the aspect ratio from photo to photo.

When you select a different photo, the aspect ratio is set to whatever it was before you selected it, not the last aspect ratio of the crop tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue and I think most people trying to help don't really understand the problem. Mine seems to work part of the time and then randomly while adjusting my crop which is locked in 4x5 ratio just out of the blue becomes unlocked. Then the only way to fix it is to go click on the lock button again to make sure I am still in 4x5 ratio.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolve this exact problem, I just restarted Lightroom.  Afterwards, I got the expected locked ratio after syncing a bunch of photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year later, I'm still struggling with this. Has anyone had any success with this issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please indicate the version number of the Lightroom application you are presently using and also for your Operating System. There have been lots of changes over the past year.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you record your screen while reproducing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am all finished up with my underclass school season where I cropped thousands of images. Since my text above, I determined exactly what was causing the problem. I do a standard crop across a whole school of student images, then using the arrow keys I move them around to get them centered. Alt-Arrow does it in a finer mode. That is where I would lose my crop lock was while doing the Alt-Arrow. Not right away, but if I would give it 5 or 6 or more taps, it would unlock the crop. So weird. But, about a few weeks ago I got some kind of update on my light room and I just tried it now and can't make the problem show up anymore. So hopefully it is fixed. Yayyy!

I currently have Lightroom Classic Version: 12.0.1   looks like dated 10/26/2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought it was fixed. But it's not. Back to doing the same thing. I am using Lightroom Classic 12.5. on a windows 10 pro.

It really stinks that it does this. I can go one whole day and it works fine and then the next day, every other image it will lose the crop lock. GRRRR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines