Lightroom Crop Tool unstable

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic crop tool is unstable. Not as bad in Photoshop. Likely this is a mouse compatibility problem but I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having this type of problem using a Logitech mouse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Don't have a wired mouse handy, but you are on the right track. Moved the mouse receiver closer to the mouse and that improved the situation. Not perfect, but I was able to use the crop tool (80%). Interesting that it didn't affect other apps but .... I consider this answered.  

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic? What operating system and version NUMBER?

What type of mouse ... wired or wireless?

Define unstable.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current version of LR. W10 21H1 wireless mouse. Crop tool jumps around, rotate doesn't function well or at all. Etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@flyfisher200 wrote:

Current version of LR. W10 21H1 wireless mouse. Crop tool jumps around, rotate doesn't function well or at all. Etc.

And without the wireless mouse? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharp question Andrew, my monitor doesn't respond well to finger gestures.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@flyfisher200 wrote:

Sharp question Andrew, my monitor doesn't respond well to finger gestures.

Let me attempt to ask the question another way you might be able to answer: And with a different mouse? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't have a wired mouse handy, but you are on the right track. Moved the mouse receiver closer to the mouse and that improved the situation. Not perfect, but I was able to use the crop tool (80%). Interesting that it didn't affect other apps but .... I consider this answered.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number please, Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.5, Lr 5.5, Ps 23.5.1, ACR 14.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions