• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom deletes all masks when trying to delete just one

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twice now editing the same photo on my I-Mac  (macOS Monterey) , I have come close to finishing my edits. Both times I have added a mask which would have been about the 8th mask. Both times I have changed my mind and deleted the last mask. Both times it looks like Lightroom was crashing as the little adobe symbol span around. Suddenly the symbol stopped spinning and it had deleted all my masks. The masks iwere also removed from any virtual copies I had made along the way in the editing process. Expected results was for the one mask I was deleting to delete and not all taing me back to my unedited photo. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your issue, edit that screenshot to include annotation as to what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD, I would take a photo but  when it happens it freezes the computer and by the time I get may camera it has finished deleting all my masks. 

Basically I have been creating a mask for each area of my photo I want to adjust independently. I will create a mask and do an edit and then change my mind and decide I don't want that mask. This will be the mask at the top of the pile as it was my last mask to be created. I select the last mask by clicking on the mask symbol in the list and select delete on the keyboard. The adobe symbol starts spinning and after a short while the sceen kinda flashes and any mask I had created is gone leaving me with the original unedited image. This happened to me last night on a different image and there were only 2 masks in the list. I am also finding other issues from - completing my edit in photoshop 2022 and saving it, it doesn't put the image back next to the image sent from lightroom. It is placing it in any random folder I have created in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be time to reset preference file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this also happen when you click the three dots next to the mask layer and select Delete "Mask x"?

-- Jenn Mishra, photographer & writer for Expert Photography & Photzy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines