• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Desktop: Magenta Cast when sending to Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send a photo from Lightroom to Photoshop the photo is opening in PS with a strong colour magenta cast. I'm using the latest version of both LR and PS with Windows11
Any ideas on how I can fix this please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

The naming of the different Lightroom versions is extremely confusing.

The cloud version is called Lightroom Desktop, and the non-cloud version is called Lightroom Classic.

That thread is about magenta cast on exported images from version 3.3 of the Lightroom cloud version on a Mac, while your're on Windows with Lightroom Classic 11.2, and you're using Edit in Photoshop, not Export.

So you solved it by downgrading, did you install 11.1?

I suspect the real issue is the GPU driver, or possibly a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you're using Lightroom Desktop (cloud version), this forum is for Lightroom Classic.
Please go to Help > About Lightroom and tell us what version it says.

Te color cast is probably caused by a defective monitor profile, or a failure to install the optional KB5008353 Windows 11 update which fixes an issue with color management.

To begin with, have you installed that update?

In the future, please use the Insert Photos button to embed images directly in your posts.

Insert-photos.png

image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic version 11.2 and I have the windows update.
I've also recalibrated my monitor but that made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you calibrate? With a hardware calibrator?

What exact version of Photoshop are you running?

Do you use a camera matching profile in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an i1 Pro for calibrating. Photoshop is version 23.2

I just tried something I saw on another forum which was to go back to a previous version of Lightroom and the images transferred fine with no colour cast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind posting a link to that post on the other forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The naming of the different Lightroom versions is extremely confusing.

The cloud version is called Lightroom Desktop, and the non-cloud version is called Lightroom Classic.

That thread is about magenta cast on exported images from version 3.3 of the Lightroom cloud version on a Mac, while your're on Windows with Lightroom Classic 11.2, and you're using Edit in Photoshop, not Export.

So you solved it by downgrading, did you install 11.1?

I suspect the real issue is the GPU driver, or possibly a defective monitor profile.

I suggest that you reinstall 11.2, then try to turn the GPU off. If that fixes the issue, see if there is an update for your graphics driver, run the update, then try to turn the GPU back on.

If that doesn't fix the issue, recalibrate, and make sure to create a version 2 (not version 4), matrix based (not table based) ICC profile.

Also bear in mind that Windows updates are known to install low quality profiles made by monitor manufacturers. These profiles are very often defective out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to version 10.4 which worked fine.

I have since uninstalled both PS and LR and reinstalled the latest versions.

I've also recalibrated the monitor checking it was creating a version 2 profile.

All is working correctly now so I suspect like you said it was a faulty monitor profile.
Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, stick with V2 (version 2) ICC profiles; V4 doesn't provide anything useful and often causes issue with software products.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines