• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Develop module is disabled

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ] on Mac suddenly stopped working. I get a message that Develop module is disabled and I have to sign out and sign in again. But the problem is that when I click on Help-> sign out or My account option nothing happens. Any thought?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Ok, sounds like  you are missing a key component. Probably can blame Adobe, some things are not clear. I think they rely on common knowledge too much.

So go to the following website and download the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out and in is done in the Creative Cloud app, not in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a VERY OLD version of LR.

Did you originally buy LR 6 or do you have an active subscription to the Photography plan?

Need to know the answer to the above question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an active subscription plan. pay monthly. Do you I need to uninstall the current version and install the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check a couple of things

1. At Adobe.com, sign in, select manage your account, look at your plan. What plan are youpaying for.

2. Bring up your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, Hover your mouse over the Lightroom Classic button, what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are my comments:

1 -Photography plan (20GB)
Annual plan, paid monthly

2- I couldn't find anyAdobe Creative Cloud Desktop App installed on my machine. The only Adobe product installed is Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your “Handle” seems appropriate for my use in this case.

OK, Adobe doesn’t support Lightroom 6 anymore but that shouldn’t permit Adobe to steal my Develop Module functionality! 

I was just fine with the original Lightroom 6 product and still am. I’m not interested in purchasing a subscription or license to develop my images in the cloud. Is there any way of avoiding/preventing this Lightroom “update”?  Will I lose my original photographs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC?   What MACOS vetsion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, MacOS Catalina 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sounds like  you are missing a key component. Probably can blame Adobe, some things are not clear. I think they rely on common knowledge too much.

So go to the following website and download the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somee points to make

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is key to installing, autheticating, activating, updating, and to some extent adding too the Creative Cloud applications.

You do not log in or out of the various applications like Lightroom Classic anymore (well you can, but don't)

You sign in to the Adobe Creative Desktop App using your Adobe ID . Do not, normaly, sign out. If you sign out, the applications get deactivated, sign back in, they get reactivated. 

This is not to say that you need internnet access all the time, as long as you do not sign out, Lightroom Classic will still wirk even though it us not calling Adobe to autheenticate at the time (it dies occasonaly, something likevevery 90 days)

So, just do not sign out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much David for the great hint. It seems I was just paying the subscription without using it!!! 

I think you are right. Adone should do a better job to tell their clients how to install and use thier products.

Cheers,

Sina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I too have this issue.  I purchased LR 2015-14 (standalone?) in 2018.  I'm a very light 🙂 user, but now the Develop module is disabled.  I do not want to use a subscription model and do not need support.  So how do I use a product that I already purchased?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Llama23  Did you, by any chance, install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.?

If the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is installed and active, your Lr2015-14 is in 'Subscription' mode and requires you to be paying the subscription monthly or annually. If you don't pay the subscription, the Develop module becomes inactive!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob - thanks for your response.  I have not installed the Creative Cloud app as far as I am aware.  This is a new PC and I installed just the LR (which I had bought a while ago) so I could edit some photos.  My system:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]
License: Expired Trial
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
System architecture: x64

Is there a way to pry open the Develop tab?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]
License: Expired Trial

By @Llama23

Your license (if you have any) is expired, that is why the develop module does not work. If you do have a subscription, then you must log in. If you don't have a subscription, then you cannot use the develop module. If you were actually using Lightroom 6.14, not Lightroom CC 2015.14, then try the last option in these instructions (not sure if they still work): 

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Llama23 Yes you are in subscription mode!  (v6 can be either: Perpetual or Subscription)

IIRC you will need to clean all Abode apps from your system (except for Catalogs and Catalog backups! ) and then do a fresh re-install of v6.14 with your Serial Number.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

"How to Use...." Step#3  Choose Options to Clean up  [1. All]

Edit: You may also experience 'Activation' problems! See- Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a random comment, Lightroom CC 2015.14 initially allowed users to use the sync option to upload Smart Previews to Adobe Creative Cloud. However this is no longer available and you will need at least Adobe Lightroom Classic 10.4 to continue using the sync feature. Why are you paying a monthly subscription and you are not benefiting from new features introduced since 2017 Dec.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines