Copied

If LR read metadata with crop only then settings in history pane are reseted

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there only crop info changed and saved in xmp then after the command "Read metadata from file"  "reset settings" apeears as the last step in  development history and crop is gone.

It is worth mentioning that we are using xmp for shared development work: after me and my colleague download the same images (only raw unfortunately) we can decide who will edit which images and share xmp to show our work or ask for help.

And this workflow is a reason for xmp files for all image formats, not only raws.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This came up as a topic on DPReview where the .xmp file with the crop info from Photo Mechanic is not read by LrC V 10.2. I did some experimenting on my Win 10 PC and Big Sur Macbook pro. A Photo Mechanic dng or .xmp file with crop information is not read properly in LrC Win 10 but a dng or .xmp with the PM crop information created on a Macbook Pro can be read and show the crop properly in both Mac OS and Win 10. Happily, that's not a function I ever use.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 10.1 introduced a bug in Read Metadata From File, failing to read crops correcty:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-save-metadata-to-fi... 

Adobe has acknowledged the bug but hasn't indicated when, if ever, it will be fixed (they rarely do).  Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

A workaround is to use File > Export As Catalog and File > Import From Another Catalog to exchange your edits. If you choose the option Export Selected Photos Only and deselect the other options, the exported .lrcat file will be small.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines