Exit

Lightroom doesn't refresh

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

Windows 10 and Lightroom Classic 12.0.1

I've noticed that if I use photomerge or any other function that creates an additional image, that my Lightroom doesn't refresh to show the new image. For example, take 3 bracketed photos and use photo merge to create an HDR image. It's created no problem and appears in my folder in windows explorer but there's no sign of it in Lightroom.

If I shut down Lightroom and restart it, then the image is present.

Similarly, if I remove an image from disk, it's deleted from windows explorer but the image remains in Lightroom...or at least it looks that way. If you try to edit the image after deletion nothing can be done because the image is deleted, but Lightroom still displays it.
Restart Lightroom and the deleted image is gone.

Anyone else have similar issues?

[Moved to Discussions as it doesn't contain Bug Sequences steps for a reproducible result-Mod]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences? Generally when Lightroom starts doing things it didn't used to, it's a preferences issue. 

Preferences Dialog>General Tab, Hold Alt to reveal the Reset Preferences button

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I tried what you suggested but it's made no difference.
After resetting my preferences, I used 3 images to make an HDR and it didn't show automatically in my library. But after restarting Lightroom, it's there, exactly where it should be.

I also tried re-synchronising the library but there are always 0 files to add because Lightroom knows they're there, it just doewsn't display them until after a restart.

Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do a short video of the process, or screenshots during the process? Use the image embed option rather than attaching the files. 

Now sometimes the new file can be slow to add, but it shouldn't take a restart to see. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply again.
To go back a little, I notied a problem syncing the most recent folder and getting it added to the catalogue . I synced several times before it appeared. So I wondered if the catalogue had somehow corrupted.
I remvoed a selection of folders and put them in a new catalogue. All good with that new catalogue.
I then deleted the catalgue which appeared to have a problem and recreated it.
I've tried several times this morning and it all seems to be fine again.
I'm not quite sure what the problem is/was but can only imagine that somehow the catalogue file was corrupted somehow. 

Now when I create an HDR image, it appears in the filmstrip a few seconds after creation so it seems to be all good now.

Thanks again

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines