Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn't relaunch into Rosetta mode on MacBook M1

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

I've just got a new Macbook Pro with the M1 chip and installed Lightroom.

I don't have any catalog imported yet. When connecting to my camera (Canon 6D Mark II) using a tether cable, I tried to follow these instructions for relaunching Lightroom with the Rosetta emulation.

Once I click reluanch I'm asked if I want to backup the catalog, but since I don't have one, I just click "skip this time".

Screenshot 2022-03-05 at 12.43.40.png

Then, nothing happens. Lightroom is closed and doesn't relaunch at all. When I launch it myself it is not in Rosetta mode.

So basically, I just can't tether.

Please help, because this is very crucial for me. Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same option and am ready to pull my hair out. Someone, please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever figure this out? I just dropped a load on this new Macbook and need to tether this week for a job and I am having the same roadblock. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can temporarily run Lightroom in Rosetta mode by launching it from the Creative Cloud app and clicking on the three dots so you can choose to run in Intel mode:

1 2022-08-22 11-21-51.jpg

You can permanently make Lightroom run in Rosetta mode by going to the Applications folder, select the Lightroom Classic application and choose 'Info' (Cmd-i) from the Finder and then checking the option to run in Rosetta.

1 2022-08-22 11-22-15.jpg

Maybe that helps.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This(second option down) worked for me on a mac book air M2 chip !! Thank you so much !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the issue on my M1 Macbook pro. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to run BOTH steps.  Since Rosetta wasn't installed, I could not see the option for the second step

when I selected the first step, it prompted to Install Rosetta

then that allowed for the second step to be set

thank you so much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines