Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn't start. Update required

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the last time I used Lightroom (my version is the 6.12) must have been a few months ago. When I try to open Lightroom now, I first get a screen telling me that a login is required.
When I click on 'Sign in now' a window appears telling me that an update is required. I am running Windows 10 Pro in the latest version 21H1 and all updates are installed. Latest versions of Edge and Chrome as well.
I had installed the software via a purchased key at the time and don't remember setting up an Adobe account for it at all, but can't get as far as logging in anyway thanks to the error messages.
Thanks for your help...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

you don't have the latest version of Lightroom.

Goto Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links - Free Trials | ProDesignTools and scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links".

There you'll find the installations file for Lightroom 6 (v6.14). Install this version and check if its running.

Save the file for later using. It's not sure how long these downloads are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't have the latest version of Lightroom.

Goto Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links - Free Trials | ProDesignTools and scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links".

There you'll find the installations file for Lightroom 6 (v6.14). Install this version and check if its running.

Save the file for later using. It's not sure how long these downloads are available.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to read the installed key from LR? When installing the new version I have to enter the key again but can no longer find it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever registered your Lr6 with Adobe, then-

Find your serial number

Or use other software as suggested at- https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-product-key-finders/

I have used Belarc Advisor.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, with Belarc Advisor I could actually find the key and install the new version. Now LR can be started again. However, at startup I get the warning that the product is still installed on another computer and I have 30 days to deactivate it.
I can't imagine why this is. My PC is running with new hardware but I had LR running without any problems after the hardware upgrade. So I have no way to disable it anywhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to contact the Adobe's customer support. Only they can reset the number of activations. 

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html 

Please signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. The link refer to the US website. If you are not located in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID. 

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to an support employee. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was the last version that was released with a license key to install. It was the only version that had a mandate to register and activate, versions 1 through 5 did not mandate registration to activate.

So you should have an Adobe ID and account to do so, the email address you used to complete this would be your login ID.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines