• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Dual monitor setup not functioning

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I start lightroom with my dual monitor setup on my mac, I am unable to do anything as the only screen that pops up is the loop view and I cannot even move this window or resize it. No other window pops up on any other desktop, and I cannot access any other functionality. Even when I click preferences, nothing pops up and it seems to be hidden behind this main screen.

I have been trying to reach out for help but cannot find any way of contacting anyone to help me with this. I am running a brand new mac with a new monitor and have never had this issue before. 

The moment I unplug my secondary monitor, the program switches back to normal functionality, and this is again reversed when I plug it back in.

I have spent hours trying to resolve this and cannot find anything. I just want to be able to use lightroom in a normal single-window mode while having a two-monitor setup. How do I turn off this auto function that initiates whenever there are two monitors hooked up?

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the secondary display window is actually shown over the main display rather than on the secondary display. You should be able to drag it to the second monitor where it belongs. Otherwise, disable it first via the Windows menu.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. The issue has been resolved. It was stuck in a locked mode for some reason. All is good now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kristof232215327w3x wrote:

…the only screen that pops up is the loop view and I cannot even move this window or resize it.

I think Johan may be right, it is not that "the only screen that pops up is Loupe," it's that the secondary display window (open in Loupe view) is open on top of the primary display window.

The way you confirm this is looking at the top right corner. If it says "Library | Develop…" it is the primary display, but if it says "Normal | Live | Locked…" that is the secondary display window in Loupe view.

The secondary display window can be hidden three ways: With its icon on the filmstrip, by choosing the Window > Secondary Display > Hide menu command, or by pressing the keyboard shortcut shown next to the command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help! The issue is now resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines