• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom edit in photoshop not opening picture

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, lightroom edit in photoshop command opens photoshop with the home screen but it does not open the picture.

I use macbook pro. The library files are in the local disk and the pictures are in a LAN (network) drive. I've always worked like that perfectly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact number of your "Latest Update"?

Do you mean update to LR and PS?

What happens if you try to open files from the local disk, not the network?

The first thing to try is to open PS first before sending image over from LR. This had been a problem with Windows apps, but not so much with Macs.

Another thing to try is turning off the home screen in PS preferences: General - check the "Disable Home Screen" box.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried disabling the home screen and opening PS before doing "edit in..." in Lightroom - nothing is happening.

It worked earlier - BEFORE i applied the updates to both Lightroom and PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. You give the link above as the solution, but it doesn't exist...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can pls someone publish the answer again since the link to the solution https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2595705 DOES NOT EXIST anymore? Would be highly appreciated since it suddenly stopped working yesterday 8-/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... you have to install a previous Camera Raw-Version. I found this article here and I had do install 10.5 Camera Raw:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/Horrible-Camera-Raw-update-how-roll-back-to-previous-versio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Here works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there are sevearl versions on that page, what one were you succesfull with?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue, click on edit in phtoshop and it just hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here since last update. It happened before, a couple of updates ago, but then I found that if I opened Photoshop before I sent the photo from Lightroom, it worked. No this trick doesn't work anymore. This problem has been happening for years.  Come on Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had the same issue just now after doing the Photshop 2020 update with the Camera Raw 12.2 upgrade. It wouldn't render my lightroom images in Photoshop and was just giving me a black pasteboard. I reinstalled the Camera Raw 10.5 installer and that worked! Here's the link to download the Camera Raw installer. Hope it helps!

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#10_5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!  Reinstalling the older Camera Raw 10.5 (overriding the latest version of Camera Raw) did the trick for me, too--thanks for the link.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 10.5 installation resolved it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link sadly doesnt work anymore.
I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck figuring out how to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues in this thread are outdated better to start a new thread. Post details of your version of LrC and your operating system including the actual version number.
Provide actual info about the problem you are experiencing.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I don't see the point of starting a new thread just because there are old answers. It simply means the problem is still there after many years..

Having the same issue with Photoshop 23.4.2 and Lightroom Classic 11.4.1. I click in "Edit in Photoshop" and PS opens without the picture. Restart fixes. So sometimes I have to restart at every 10 photo since my RAM doesn't let me open more than 10 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same bug with Lightroom 9.3 and Photoshop 21.2.1 and Camera RAW 12.3
When I run the command in Lightroom to edit the selected image in Photoshop, Photoshop opens but it does not open the image. Strangely enough, after about 30 seconds a window opens in LIghtroom with the message: "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop could not be started". After clicking on OK, the selected image opens in Photoshop.

With Camera RAW 10.5 everything works fine!!!

I have a new PC, everything installed from scratch.
Win 10 X64 pro 2004, 64GB Ram, CPU AMD X3950, Nvidia graphics 1070

Wolfgang Kreische

Ich habe den gleichen Fehler mit Lightroom 9.3 und Photoshop 21.2.1 und Camera RAW 12.3.
Wenn ich in Lightroom den Befehl auslöse, das markierte Bild in Photoshop zu bearbeiten. öffnet sich Photoshop aber es öffnet sich nicht das Bild. Merkwürdigerweise öffnet sich dann nach ca. 30 Sekunden ein Fenster mit dem Hinweis: Die Datei konnte nicht bearbeitet werden, da Adobe Photoshop nicht gestartet werden konnte. Nach Klick auf OK öffnet sich dann das ausgewählte Bild in Photoshop. Mit Camera RAW 10.5 funktioniert alles reibungslos.

Ich habe einen neuen PC, alles von Grund auf neu installiert.
Win 10 X64 pro, 64GB Ram, CPU AMD X3950, Nvidia Grafik 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, a client is experiencing the same problem with Lightroom Classic. When choosen "Edit in Photoshop" using the menu there is no reaction at all. When he right-clicks on the Photo (either in the Library Module or in the Develop Module) it opens Photoshop but nothing happens. The image is not opening in Photoshop at all.

Lightroom Classic 9.3 with Camera Raw version 12.3. The independant Camera version is 12.3 as well (checked using Adobe Bridge). All the apps are up to date and the original RAW-file (NEF in this case) is accessible. With DNG-files same problem. Camera is a Nikon D800.

@Adobe this is clearly buggy behaviour! Not everyone has this problem. Please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying.  I am in a crunch to deliver a gallery and now I have to figure this out.  Reinstalled both camera raw and photoshop with no results.  GRRRRR....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not fix the issue - this is really frustering for windows users - I have uninstalled and reinstalled the lastest as well as previous versions. The issue seems to be with the camera raw not opening just before it calls photoshop. This lastest update really is bad and screwed up everyones workflow - Here is a link to older camera raw versions. https://adobe-camera-raw.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions - someone needs to put a link to solid fix for this for "Windows" users 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specific issue I am using windows 10 and Sony raw files. I make my lightroom adjustments and the "edit in photoshop with lightroom adjustments" - Photoshop opens but the photo does not. Same issue you posted for Mac users but I'm using windows 10. Help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines