Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Editing running slow

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Before I buy a new computer or laptop I'm hoping someone here can troubleshoot this issue for me

Currently I'm running the most current version of Lightroom on a Dell Desktop, i5 processor, 12g or ram with 692GB FREE of a 1 TB hardrive. Everything else works flawlessly on this computer. 

When editing with Lightroom, (have never opened Photoshop), the computer will bog down and often I'll have to restart in order to use anything. Lightroom is slow to open, slow to move from one section to another, but becomes progressively slower the longer I do editing)

One thought: the photos that were originally imported using an earlier version of Lightroom, (might have been 3), still have the old editing choices when I pull them up. If I hit reset then the editing software updates to the most current version of Lightroom for the photo. The issue I am experiencing occurs whether I'm working on a photo that I've imported with the current Lightroom as well as the older version so I don't think this is the issue. (The older version of lightroom does NOT show up in my list of programs in control panel so I don't know how I'd get rid of it if it is the issue)

Any thoughts? I appreciate your time in thinking about this for me. 

I'd rather spend the money on a new lens--not a new laptop!

Robin

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assume you are using Lightroom Classic and not the Cloud Based Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines