• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom edits don't show in photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I click "edit in photoshop" the file opens in photoshop without the edits I made in lightroom. Can anyone try and help me out? Am I missing somthing?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this for Raw files or JPEG/TIFF? 

For Raw, it should transfer, though there can be issues with differing versions of Camera Raw. Lightroom usually renders a file to edit here though. For JPEG (and Tiff) you should get a dialog asking to edit original, edit a copy or edit a copy with Lightroom Adjustments. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's for Fujifilm RAW files.

It doesn't give that me that option it just opens it striaght up in photoshop as a blank RAW file with no lightroom edits 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera, what version of Lightroom, and what OS? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a 'blank raw file"? Can you post a screen capture of what you see in Develop and then what you see in Photoshop (same zoom). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully these pictures can understand what I'm seeing so my lightroom image is more warmer than the Photoshop version 

20210819_155538.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Photoshop version 

20210819_155547.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a better photo of the Photoshop version 

20210819_155924.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot seems to show that you have 'soft proofing' enabled in Lightroom. That means that Lightroom isn't showing you the current image, but a simulation of how it would look when converted to a certain output profile. That would explain why the image looks different after you have sent it to Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have soft proofing enabled? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the screen shot you do. It's the shortcut S, which also acts as the collapse/expand group in Library. I've often pressed it by accident in Develop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay but I haven't got that selected. I can't think on what else it could be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't agree with the softproofing hypothesis. If the checkbox just out of sight next to the words "Soft Proofing" had been ON, those words would have been emboldened to bright white instead of pale grey - also by default the image's surrounding background would have been shown in paper-white, not grey.

There are various reasons why what you see while in PS may not match what you see while in LrC, a few more details may help to dig into these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I have noticed when I change the camera profile to the one from the camera it'll transfer over to Photoshop the same but, when I use a preset I'm using and the profile that the preset is using it won't transfer over to Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profile used in LrC being unavailable to ACR had occurred to me. One way to test that is to set up a named external editing preset which refers to the Photoshop program executable, setting options for file type, colourspace and bitdepth. When an image is sent to PS using this external editing preset, it will be Lightroom Classic rather than ACR which renders the Raw conversion / adjustments into a new image version (a pre-saved file on disk, which PS then opens directly without involving ACR at all).

If by this method your LrC processing transfers correctly into PS, then that supports the idea that the folder location / compatibility of your chosen calibration profile needs to be looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your LrC Develop module with one of those RAF files selected, need to see Profile selected, Histogram, Navigator panel, and History panel as a minimum.

P.S., see:

https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

and a nice app for screen captures, and a free version available, for Windows:

https://picpick.app/en/

others exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers man I'll send one later as I'm out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines