• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom edits gone

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing images in Lightroom today, then closed the catalog like normal and when I reopened Lightroom, the edits were not there. The only history on an image was when it was imported. I do not have a backup of the catalog. This has never happened in my decade of professional photography. There were no error messages or abnormal behavior when editing today. For whatever reason, Lightroom just didn't save my edits to the catalog, it seems. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this? I had smart previews built for the imported images as well. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds a lot like you opened a different catalog? One that you had also imported those images into. Is that possible?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'd think, but it doesn't seem to be the case. when i click on 'open recent' there aren't any others that could be where the edits where done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the smart previews available?

I would search all your drives for .lrcat just incase another one is lurking out there somewhere.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by available? The smart previews are there, but no edit. the smart preview file in the folder with the catalog says it was last modified last night when the files were imported, not today when they were edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the presence of the smart previews would be a clue as to whether you were looking at the same catalog or not. I realize that if you routinely make smart previews, then it's not really a clue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i do routinely build smart previews. When i search for .lrcat on my computer, nothing else showed up that had the images in question. The only clue I can think of is that Lightroom was running a little slower than usual while editing today. But nothing else out of the ordinary. And my Lightroom is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm out of ideas, sadly. I don't recall ever hearing this kind of thing discussed on the forum 

Hopefully someone else will chime in with an idea.

I've never seen this, but I always let LrC backup the catalog after every exit. I'm not sure that would have helped in this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will definitely be doing that now. It's just so bizarre that it wasn't saving the edits as I was going. I spent several hours editing today.And when i reopened Lightroom tonight, it opened the correct catalog with the images imported, but it was as if I hadn't opened it since last night when I first imported. It also didn't have my 'collection' saved where I organized the imported files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines