• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom error The following files were not imported because their paths contain backlashes - macOS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was importing raw files to my computer and lightroom gave me the following error message: The following files were not imported because their paths contain backlashes. Unfortunately I did not have a second card in my camera so no backup. The card was corrupt. Trying to figure out if I can still save the images. I did manage to drag them out of the sd card and into my desktop - but cannot trasnfer them or do anything with them. Before I contact my client to see how I can make this right with them (for worst case scenario) does anyone have a solution for me? Thank you (Trying not to panic).

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the import error, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom and macOS you're working on?

Could you try moving a file to the desktop and then import it into Lightroom? Let us know if it works.
Also, try renaming a file and import it into LR to see how it goes?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, I am using macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1815).  Lightroom 6 (CD version).

Images are on the desktop. I have renamed them. Still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an image to a colleague, and apparently, he could open the images in adobe lightroom and photoshop.

I am looking at a lightroom 6 issue. Are you able to suggest a solution for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Try renaming the folder or the files so they dont include..... /-_\|  or any pf these icons.

Than try to import it again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I did manage to drag them out of the sd card and into my desktop - but cannot trasnfer them or do anything with them

So, the images are on a hard drive now?

What drive? What folder are they in?

Is that folder one that you normally place images in when importing?

If so, how are you importing when in Lr6? Via Copy (wrong) or via ADD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines