Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom export cripples my whole system

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

Everytime I start exporting pictures LR cripples my whole System. I can still open and close windows, switch between programs etc. But as soon as I want to start typing, I have an approx. 3 second delay till the characters appear on the screen. When typing a word some of the characters won't appear at all and most of the time they appear in a different order than I entered them. Doesn't matter if it's Safari or the Messenger App, it's systemwide.

I'm running LrC V10 on a 16" MBP from 2019. 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel, 32 GB Ram and the 8 GB AMD Radeon Pro. Currently I'm on OS X 10.15.3.

It feels like a performace issue, but with that kind of Laptop? What am I missing? I'm a Lightroom User since day one and had it running on numerous Systems since then. It sure was testing my hardware now and then, but I never had an issue that severe...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting uses a lot of resources. This is done by design to speed up the export process. Sometimes it uses so much resources that other programs are slow or don't work at all.

If you'd rather not have it do this, then you need to inform Adobe, which can't be done in this forum. There is a link at the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feedback", then find a similar thread and comment there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe designed LR in a way, that I can't use my computer during export? 

Why would they do that? None of the other apps like Premiere or even AE do it and LR didn't do it before...

Do you experience tha same problem while exporting pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my computer stutters somewhat during big exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, I'll try to inform Adobe. 
I can't find the link youre talking about, but I guess google will help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below link is best place to advise Adobe QE https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

I suggest you look for similar issues before you submit a new report though as plenty of others will likley have  already done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I finally found a Solution to prevent LR from crippling your system while exporting pictures. It's this little app -> http://tbswitcher.rugarciap.com

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines