• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom files organization

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently changed my photo storage files to an external drive, and now cannot see my edits on Lightroom.  I really just want to re-install Lightroom and start all over, even though it means I lose all my previous edits.  Is that a good idea?  Will I be able to re-edit my Raw files if I do this?  Thank you.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a bad idea because your problem is easy to solve. If you can't see the edits, then most likely you used the wrong approach and imported the photos again. What you should do instead is simply 'reconnect' the images. You may have to use a catalog backup to go back to before you took the wrong turn, and then use these instructions: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In additional, re-install LrC will not fix catalog problems, which is what you have. Please follow the instructions from @JohanElzenga 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines