• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom folder structure different from disk

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small issue that's driving me batty and hope that some guru will be able to help.

My photos are on a Synology NAS; the folder structure is good and as I want. But Lr shows the 2017 folder in a different instance of the same NAS. No matter what I do (drag and drop, synchronise, import etc., the 2017 folder always ends up as a separate instance to the other Lr folders and I have absolutely no idea how this came about! Something to do with Lr indexing?? How do I fix this without creating a new catalog of more than 200k photos?

I'm running Lr Classic10.2 on Mac Big Sur 11.2.3. no errors or problems with local/NAS disk space, RAM, or network etc.Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.34.24 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.35.09 am.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset your LrC preferences?  How to set Lightroom Classic preferences (adobe.com)

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added info; this is a new, clean install of Lr using an existing catalog. Resetting prefs doesn't work anyway.

Tech specs attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please imbed your image into a post. Many forum members do not like to open attachents.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• "Imbed" "attachents"??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the "Duplicate Drive" syndrome! You are not the first to suffer this!

And there is only one way to fix it and that is by following exactly and completely the instructions in the link below (with adjustments for your folder hierarchy.)

Moving folders in the folder panel will not fix it.

Synchronizing folders will not fix it.

Resetting Preferences will not fix it.

Importing files will not fix it.

Exporting and Importing the Catalog will not fix it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-displays-same-hard-drive-twice.html

This method works using the function "Update Folder Location" twice. Once to unlink the 'rogue Drive' folder and another to relink folder/s to the correct 'Drive' name in the Catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much WobertC - sounds like you've nailed the problem and offered a great solution - much appreciated. I'll let you know the results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines