Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom folder sync problem !

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My LR Classic should synchronize my vacation folder. Something went wrong. Now the folder is still in my folder view, but LR no longer shows me any pictures. Instead it says: "No photos in the selected folder. Sub-folders are not displayed."

Clicking on "Synchronize folder" again results in the image syncing, but nothing happens.
What can I do?
I don't want all edits to be gone!sssss.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find out that it is a problem with the ssd bc no picture is showen in any folder in that ssd. what can i do?
if i delete it and recoonect it, every step will be lost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on All Photographs (under Catalog on the left of the Library Module), turn off all filters and then search for one of these photos by file name, do you find it in Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help.. yes its finding the pic.. 
but
right click and "show me in explorer" takes amazing long

sssss.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it took 5 minutes to "find" it in explorer and put it on display...
i dont know why.. but open this "proble-folder" in windows takes long every time i try to open it after LR synched my fotos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your Windows Explorer, are there thousands or tens of thousands of photos in this exact folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1200 of them are raws...
it worked perfectly until i stopped a synchronisation of the folder. 
i imported everything correctly.. started to work.. everything was fine and the windows explorer was fast as always.. bc its a 950 evo ssd
then i synched and exported at the same time.. everything was scary so i stopped the sync.. since them anything is not okay 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with HDD drives (not SSD drives) is that the more photos you have in a folder (not counting subfolders), the longer it takes to do a search for specific files in that folder.

You could try an experiment where you break up this folder into three roughly equal sized folders — does searching these three folders go faster?

My other thought regarding this problem is that maybe your SSD drive is having some problems, and you should run diagnostics on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay i will try... thanks.. any helpf for LR itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this experiment shows that it is the number of photos in the folder causing problems, I would expect that decreasing the number of photos in a folder will also make LrC run faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not the problem.. i have folders with 4 times that amount...
and samsung tool said no problem with the ssd.. its anything in LR thats not correct linked... i have to remove some "render files" or kind like that.. i am a premiere guy 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge folders with thousands of files will slow down LrC, because LrC uses the operating system to read the files. It's not an SSD malfunction, it is a "feature" of the operating system that bigger folders take longer to read.

its anything in LR thats not correct linked

I'm not sure what you mean by this ... not correct linked has not been mentioned before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR does not show any pic in any folder on this ssd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it shows the correct numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want all edits to be gone!-  Do NOT use the [Synchronize Folder] command. Use [IMPORT] if there are files in a folder that are not in the Catalog.

Dangers of Synchronize Folder

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer Rob.
There are pics in the folder and LR knows that. LR showed every picture in the folder before my manual sync-stop... after that LR shows only the number of the pics in the folder.. Its definitively a import/sync problem... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At RoK Inc.

Rob posted a link which provides some tips to avoid problems with the “synchronize Folder” option. Did you review the article available at the link?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes sure... thats on point..
i know if i sync the missing fotos of this specific folder, every work will be lost.. thats why i asked if there is any other method... i worked on 1000 fotos for close to a week.. it would be so hard to lose all the work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated “ i worked on 1000 fotos for close to a week.. it would be so hard to lose all the work”

Where did you work on those photos? If in LrC then the edit info is already in the Lightroom Catalog file.

If it's in another application, Adobe Camera Raw plugin or a third-party application please explain.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.. i worked in LRC.. and yes the edits are still in the catalogue... but LRc has a problem to read it out.... any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Explain what you mean by “LrC has a problem to read it out....”?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines