• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom folders are suddenly empty

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a lightroom user for many years, and consider myself pretty savy.  As of yesterday, all of my folders on my external harddrive just say no photos in selected folder.  There is still an image count in the navigator, AND my photos are all still there when I actually check the hard drive.  I tried un-installing and re-installing Lightroom yesterday.  I've tried re-importing all of the images, and it tells me the images have already been imported.  I'm at a bit of a loss on what else to do.  Photos on my computers harddrive are still showing up just fine.  I have also dismounted and remounted my external harddrive.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Cloud Centric Lightroom or the Traditional LR Classic version?

It sounds like you are using Classic so I am going to move this discussion over to the LR Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday, all of my folders on my external harddrive just say no photos in selected folder.

This seems to imply (could you please confirm) that you see this in Lightroom.

Your photos are somewhere in Lightroom (because you can't import them again) but not in the folder you think they are in. This usually happens when you accidentally import using COPY instead of ADD. T

You need to find these photos in Lightroom. Follow all of these four steps in order:

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Once you find them, we can instruct you further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No photos in selected folder. I have the same problem. In All Photographs I can see all the photos, and I can search and get results. But clikking on a folder I get the message "No Photos in selected folder".

Mac OS10.13.6 High Sierra. I don't have the folder option in SystemPreferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy

Quote: "Once you find them, we can instruct you further". Please instruct me what to do.

Tubas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote: "Once you find them, we can instruct you further". Please instruct me what to do.

well, sadly, there have been more than a few reports of this happening, and I'm not sure what the cause of this is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick respons.

I hope the programmers will work on it and make an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lrcat file a bunch of photos went missing today.... what is this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issues sound suspicously like hardware problems with the drives. I recommend having a service facility check it out.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. Random empty folders.

Currently I have 12 dated folders with no images. I would imagine there were photos in there at one point becasue I rarely EVER delete images. I've seen this issue for years. I'm using Lightroom Classic. Wish I knew what was going on. I'm very careful with my library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue too. Random empty folders.

Currently I have 12 dated folders with no images. I would imagine there were photos in there at one point becasue I rarely EVER delete images. I've seen this issue for years. I'm using Lightroom Classic. Wish I knew what was going on. I'm very careful with my library.

By @jpjdjpjd

Without knowing more about what you do with Lightroom and how you do it, it is hard to guess.   It is normal for LrC to keep empty folders.  And, since you've been using it for years, it will be hard to guess.  Can you see images with the operating system in those empty folders?  Have you tried to "syncronize" those empty folders?   Are there other issues going on with your computer that may indicate a hardware failure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines