• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Folders

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my Folders on my Apple Mac Lightoom 6 are hidden and I have no idea to get them back...I was creating a new Catalog and when it was created all the Folders for each catalog vanished...I know this is an entry issue but I really dont know how to resolve it...

I have tied it several time...I tried it on a friends computer who also has lightroom and it works great...So the problem lies with in an entry error on my Lightroom

Any Thoughts..

BA Travel Guy
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean exactly with "... all folders are hidden"?

Please post a screenshot if possible so we can see what's the problem.

What I would try is to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok not totally sure how you post a image on this page....It says you can't sent images..Suggestions..??David
BA Travel Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreeing that a screen capture would help. Use the "Insert Photo" icon to include you screen capture in your reply.

Taking a guess, try Ctrl-Shift-2 (Windows) or Cmd-Shift-2 (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just some initial thoughts.

LrC can only have one Catalog open at any point in time.

Lightroom will only display folders in the Library module when images from the folders have been imported.

When you create a new Catalog you will have to import image files or import from another Catalog.

Please describe what you are trying to achieve so responders can assist.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, all 20 catalogs have had the folders all disappear.  I checked them today...And if I go to my friends computer that has the same Light Room 6 as mine all the folders show up without doing anything other than opening the file..That is why I think it is a setting that I changed by ACCIDENT on my Lightroom and I can't figure out what it is.
Thanks for your thoughts, maybe what I am telling you will give you more inspiration
David
BA Travel Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote “ And if I go to my friends computer that has the same Light Room 6 as mine all the folders show up without doing anything other than opening the file..That is why I think it is a setting that I changed by ACCIDENT on my Lightroom and I can't figure out what it is.“

Ok Lightroom 6 stand alone / Lightroom CC 2015 was the same installer and functioned differently depending on how it was activated.

Lightroom 6 activated using a license key did not have the feature to sync to the Adobe Creative Cloud, while Lightroom CC 2015 licensed via subscription payment have the option to sync with the Creative Cloud.

This version of Lightroom spanned 14 (fourteen) updates and I recall there was a particular update that allowed users to sync to the Cloud. This remained in place if they did not install any further update.

Or maybe it was a glitch in a particular update that allowed early downloads to gain access to the sync feature!

Just a thought!!!!!???.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you recetly upgrade your MACOS from pre Catalina to something new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines