Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom for IPad Pro

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone! 

I have a question regarding Lightroom, I bought the software a time ago for Mac and it works perfectly. 

Now I'm using Lightroom on my iPad Pro, but the App wants me to buy it, it is possible to use the same serial No. I already have for Mac with the App? 

I really don't want to buy it again!

Thanks and I appreciate for the quick response 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

The reason you are being asked to buy is because the mobile apps are included with a current subscription:

• If you don't have a current subscription, meaning any version of Lightroom that is not subscription (up through version 6), then Lightroom for iOS/Android is not included. Unfortunately, having a Lightroom 5 serial number doesn’t help, because it isn’t tied to a Creative Cloud subscription. 
  • If you do have a current Creative Cloud subscription that includes Lightroom or Lightroom Classic,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version number of Lightroom are you using on the Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason you are being asked to buy is because the mobile apps are included with a current subscription:

• If you don't have a current subscription, meaning any version of Lightroom that is not subscription (up through version 6), then Lightroom for iOS/Android is not included. Unfortunately, having a Lightroom 5 serial number doesn’t help, because it isn’t tied to a Creative Cloud subscription. 
  • If you do have a current Creative Cloud subscription that includes Lightroom or Lightroom Classic, then Lightroom for iOS/Android is included. 

Part of the reason it is tied to a subscription is because it isn’t just paying for the app, it’s also for the Adobe cloud sync that gives the mobile and desktop versions access to the same photos. But Lightroom 5 has no Adobe cloud sync feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you are being asked to purchase because there is no version of Lightroom that can be purchased anymore. I don't know anything at all about the iPad Pro and its operating system, I'm a Windows user. If you cannot install Lightroom 5 using the serial number that you have then the only option available to you is to subscribe to one of the creative cloud plans that are currently available. As I have mentioned, there is NO version of Lightroom available for purchase.

You probably wouldn't want to have the subscription version on the iPad and use Lightroom 5 on the other computer because the catalogs are not compatible at all. Lightroom 5 is out of date, totally unsupported by Adobe, and as operating systems continue to progress will eventually become unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5

So the old, actually ancient perpetual v5 of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, pre subscription Lightroom.

That software was available for MACOS and Windows OS, it was never for iOS,, Your iPAD is iOS.

The Lightroom (Lr) for iPAD, is a separate app, with separate purchase requirements.

I forget if members who pay for a subscription plan can acquire Lightroom for iPAD for free, but if you do not have a subscription, then no, not free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two subscriptions

Photography Plan includes, PS, LrC, Lr desktop, Lr Mobile 20 GB clouds storage. $9.99 PM.

Lightroom Plan includes, Lr desktop, Lr Mobile, 1 TB cloud storage. $9.99 PM.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines