• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom freezes on photo that is deleted in development screen

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update 2015.8 release Camera RAW 9.8 I have been having issues when I delete a photo completely. The main development screen locks or freezes on the photo that was deleted not allowing me to further edit other images. The small preview screen and the secondary display (when activated) change to the newly selected imate, but not the main development screen. The only way I can get back to Post production work is to restart Lightroom.

I think that I will try a uninstall and reinstall unless there are alternative methods.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

This is a known bug in 2015.8. See Lightroom images freeze in develop module.

The solution is to delete photos in the Library, alternatively to roll back to 2015.7.

I assume that this will be fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in 2015.8. See Lightroom images freeze in develop module.

The solution is to delete photos in the Library, alternatively to roll back to 2015.7.

I assume that this will be fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem in Lightroom 2021 v11, any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been one of the biggest headaches I have had with Lightroom ever. I am a user of Adobe suite for almost 20 years and this has been a persistent issue over the last 5-6 years across multiple updates and Mac devices. It comes and goes, but when it's there it seems like no matter what I do I can't fix it and simply need to work around it or keep closing and opening the program. Essentially it happens when I'm in develop module and in the crop tool(MacOS). If this is something that could be fixed I would be endlessly grateful.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines