Lightroom glitchy with M1 max studio running Monterey 12.4

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I arrow Through the images, especially If I do it quickly, There is a brief moment where the image is slightly desaturated before it pops to where it needs to be. If I disable the GPU performance boosting this issue goes away. However, the light room runs noticeably slower. It is driving me crazy. Does anybody have any experience with this issue, or even better, a solution to it. Thank you in advance

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 Max suggests you have either 32GB or 64GB or memory, which is more than sufficient for Lightroom Classic. However, if using a version prior 11.4, then best you update as some tweaks were made to memory management.

You haven't mentioned the display resolution, which would have hepled narrow down possible causes. For example, if using  a 4K display at anything other than the 'Default' 1080P (1920 by 1080px) setting, then the macOS scaling is very likely the reason for what you're seeing.

FWIW, I have a Mac Studio Ultra with 64GB or memory, MacBook Pro M1 Pro with 32GB of memory and Mac mini M1 with 16GB of memory. All are noticibly less responsive when walking images at speed in the Develop module with my 27-inch 4K display, but are super fast with my 30 inch 2560 by 2650px display, which doesn't require macOS scaling.

Note above is not a new issue, but is becoming more obvious with more customers moving to 4K. More details of macOS scaling at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpX561_XM20

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies, I misread the issue you originally described; i.e. 'slightly desaturated'. 

You can ignore my earlier reply.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines