• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a weird issue and need some help!

I created a new catalog and added photos from a wedding that I shot yesterday to it - everything is working perfectly except for 3 specific images that are giving an "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo" error. Smart previews will not build for these images, nor can I edit them. I've tried removing them from the catalog and computer and readding them, creating a new catalog, updating Lightroom and my computer, and restarts. Same thing happens every time!

The bizarre thing is that the same images on another computer work like a charm! No issues uploading them to Lightroom or editing them! So, by my thinking, there has to be an issue with Lightroom on my main computer.'

Has anyone else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it! Halp!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to copy the appropriate images to another folder to your hard disk and check if you can import in Lightroom from there. It could be that there are defective sectors on the hard disk.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to copy the appropriate images to another folder to your hard disk and check if you can import in Lightroom from there. It could be that there are defective sectors on the hard disk.

By @AxelMatt

if the image is corrupted, copying it to another location will not fix the corruption. You probably need to find a good copy in another place, like camera card or other computer, to work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck with that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo is corrupted and cannot be used. If you still have the photo on the camera card, try transferring it again to the computer (via different hardware if you have such). Or if you have made backups, try using the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The weird thing is that I copied those very files from one computer to another, and they're working fine on the other computer with zero issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, for now, on the computer the images behave, copy them to an external hard drive, then on the computer that misbehaves (with the misbehaving images not in the catalog) connect that external hard drive, copy them to the desired folder, and import them (Add)

Get your work done, then return later to figure out what is going wrong ( Card reader, USB cable, hard drive catalog is on, hard drive photos are on, Gremlins you forgot to bribe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The weird thing is that I copied those very files from one computer to another, and they're working fine on the other computer with zero issues.

By @whimandwillowphoto

So the corruption happened after you did the copy. Not weird at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines