Lightroom import browser blank. Can't see any images.

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 11/21 I've been having intermitant issue with LRC not being able to import images. First it was from a wetransfer download. Then there was dissappearing virtual copies and images edited in PS and saved back to LR. And today, LR can't 'see' anything. It can't see any image in any folder. Not on the HD, nor any external, or card. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 4.32.22 PM.png

Was on the phone with Adobe for two hours. Changing permissions, uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Finally they create a root user. The root user sees and can import photos from anywhere. When I log in as me, nothing. I have admin priv. 

This is not the worst time for this to happen but really close to it. 

I have a scheduled call tomorrow with Apple - but if anyone is awake and reads this and can help, I would be so grateful. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Big Sur 11.6 and LRC 11.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In System Preferences go to Security and Privacy, open the Privacy tab, scroll down to files and folders on the left, then find Lightroom Classic on the right. Give it access to your desktop, downloads, etc. Basically everything. By default apps do not have access to files on your desktop without you explicitly giving it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines