• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Importing and Exporting

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is no longer importing and exporting files correctly from and to Microsoft OneDrive

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain further, provide a lot more details. Also provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom ClassicCreative Cloud

Mac Monterey 12.1

When I now import to Lightroom from OneDrive, instead of it importing into and maintaining the file structure within OneDrive, it creates a completely new folder outside of my file structure.

When exporting to a specific folder whilst I can select the folder I want instead it changes the path to a new folder with the same name within cloud storage i.e. the path defaults to /Users/myname/library/cloudstorage/then the folder name, instead of /Users/myname/onedrive/then folder name.

There are no error messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of your entire Import dialog box. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include the screen capture in your reply. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing is as per screen shot, but after importing it imports into a different folder, in a different location, which it creates with the same name, to the one that has been selected

When exporting I can select the folder I want to export to e.g.

Users/myname/onedrive/pictures – etc.etc, however after pressing entre it changes to

Users/myname/library/cloudstorage/onedrive-personal/pictures- etc. etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too.  MacBook Air (M1), LR Classic (11.2), iOS (12.2) and OneDrive (22.002.0103.0004) up to date.

Attaching 2 screen shots with hover text showing the different paths to the same folder under OneDrive.  The 1st screen shot shows the new library location newly created during sync, the 2nd screen shot is the folder I'm trying to sync in place.  

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.27.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.27.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also found that Adobe Bridge cannot open my OneDrive folder, where all my images are, at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely due to the fact that Apple is deprecating the kernel extensions that OneDrive uses in favor of a new native cloud storage API that OneDrive has been upgraded to use.  Further info:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-onedrive-blog/inside-the-new-files-on-demand-experi...

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/01/27/macos-12-3-deprecates-dropbox-onedrive-kexts/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the solution - re-sync my entire library that's under OneDrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or REmve from OneDrive. At the moment there isn't a solution that I find appealing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the solution - re-sync my entire library that's under OneDrive?

By @michaelh76786489

I would advise against re-sync the entire Library, re-sync folders imports photos found in a different folder than Lightroom Classic thought it was in, and treats these new imports as photos it has never seen before, with no edits and no user-provided metadata; and deletes photos not found in the folder that Lightroom Classic thinks it was in, so you lose your edits and user-provided metadata. Neither is something I think you want.

You certainly may want to consider re-connect the files in Lightroom Classic (following these instructions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easy way is to copy a folder contents in OneDrive, and move it to a new destination off OneDrive. Then in Finder, delete the OneDrive folder you have just copied. Open Lightroom and you will see that Lightroom cannot find that folder you have deleted it is greyed out with a question mark, right click the folder and select locate this folder. Finder will open and within Finder point it to the new location and everything will move in Lightroom to the new location with all your edits etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if I like my files under OnDrive? I suppose I could copy my entire library to a different OneDrive location, delete the old and hopefully the grey question mark will appear.

Interesting that Lightroom doesn't mark the photos under OneDrive as 'not found' - with a grey question mark - even though the sync files process maps the files to a different location.  What are the chances that Adobe will address this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if below will help or not.

If using Mac, check that the location of your OneDrive folder hasn't been relocated and replaced in the original location with an Alias. This change occurred a few weeks back. The new location of the OneDrive folder is Users/~/Library/Group Containers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and hopefully the grey question mark will appear.

No, the question mark will not disappear just because you move the photos. You need to re-connect Lightroom Classic to the current folder location of your photos. How? I gave you instructions earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OneDrive has changed a lot under Monterey and after a weeks worth of troubleshooting and learning i feel i know a little more about this now.

I'm not exactly sure what the question is after reading through the thread but if you can summarise / re-ask i'll try and help you in a friendly and user friendly way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've had numerous messages from Microsoft OneDrive, and I like you have become much wiser regarding the changes that have been made. I am not happy that the OneDrive changes have been forced on me and decided the best way forward is to remove all my images from OneDrive and store them directly on my own hard drive and make alternative arrangements for backup and transfer etec.

This process has now been completed and everything is working just as I want it to

Many thanks for getting back to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds sensible.

I need to have my images synced between 2 macs and also available via cloud to clients so am considering a switch to another cloud provider, which is annoying as it's another cost (1 Tb OneDrive storage is already part of my Microsoft Subscription.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slowly figuring out the changes to OneDrive under macOS.  File syncing is the major LR issue so for now I've added my 'Camera Roll' as a new folder as that is a mjor part of my workflow to add new photos.  Leaving all my other photos in place for now but will eventually add those folders as if they were new.  No reason to stop using OneDrive - moving to external storage not a better solution from what I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines