Lightroom importing destination changes to SD card in macOS

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lrc on my Mac.. when trying to import from an SD card, destination folder keeps changing to the original SD card that I'm importing from. In the import dialogue box...it shows Macintosh HD>external hard drive and then adds my untitled SD card as the final folder. Of course, this has been prompting an "unwritable folder" error. Cant get the SD card removed as a destination. Thanks for any help

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble with Lightroom.

Which version of Lightroom Classic and macOS are you using? Since when are you seeing this issue? Do you have a copy of the files on your internal drive? Did you try re-installing the software?

It might be that the username does not have the proper permissions on the folder you have selected as the destination. Either change the permissions on that folder to include your username, and give it complete control and or Read & Write permissions (Windows Mac, respectively), or select a different folder that your username can write to
Check the steps to import from your hard drive: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/import-photos-video-catalog.html

For importing from a card directly, here are the steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/importing-photos-lightroom-basic-workflow.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ranjisha. I did get on a chat with Adobe Tech support. They changed the control/permissions in the accessibility preferences. Working perfectly. Thanks for the reply and info. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines