Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Importing Duplicates

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This past week I shot some photos using my Canon EOS R5 and my DJI Mavic 2.  I imported all photos to Lightroom on my iPad and sync'd them to Lightroom Classic on my Mac through the creative cloud.  When I got home I inserted my memory cards and opened the import window to verify all photos truely sync'd.  When I checked the card from my R5 it showed no new photos.  Then I tried the card from my Mavic 2 and it showed all the photos taken as new photos in the import window.  I selected import then checked after the import was complete and the newly imported photos imported as filename-2.dng.  So these photos had been sync'd but for some reason Lightroom Classic didnt recognize them as duplicates.  When I look at the metadata everything is the same for filename.dng and filename-2.dng.  Again this issue only happens with the Mavic 2 photos and not the R5 photos.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?