• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom in two different computers with different OS X versions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a few questions about Lightroom.

- As i have LRC (photography plan), could i use it in my two computers with different OS X versions? One is a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9.5 and the other is an iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Could i install Lightroom with the registration i have in Adobe Creative Cloud, in both computers, having to install different versions of Lightroom cause the old one can not have the latest Lr version?

- If the answer to the first question it's "yes", would there be a problem to use the same Catalog file (.lrcat) in the two computers with different Lightroom versions? I mean, to use only one Catalog (located in an external drive) in both computers with different os X and Lr versions?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you! 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time there is a major version upgrade of Lightroom the Catalog file is upgraded so a LrC 10.x Catalog file cannot be used by LrC 8.x nor can the catalog file be downgraded.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

So it means that the ONLY way it's to have the same OS X version in both computers to be able to have the same Lightroom version as well, to use the same Catalog, right?

And then, with my registration in Adobe Creative Cloud, i can install the same programs in both computers? (Only with one registration).

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>So it means that the ONLY way it's to have the same OS X version in both computers to be able to have the same Lightroom version as well, to use the same Catalog, right?

You need to be running the same Lightroom version but Lightroom supports several versions of the macOS operating system. Provided you're running a supported version of macOS then Lightroom will run fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John!

Do you know which version of the macOS operating system i need to run the LrC 10.2?

In my MacBook Pro i have OS X 10.9.5 and i think i can upgrade until at least one or two versions below Catalina, but i did'nt do it before cause i was afraid to get too slow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Do you know which version of the macOS operating system i need to run the LrC 10.2?

Big Sur, Catalina or Mojave. Nothing earlier.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

My MacBook Pro have only 4GB RAM... and i think i can only upgrade the macOS until 10.13 (High Sierra), not sure...

I'll see i upgrade to High Sierra and how it works then.

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also be aware that only one computer can open the Catalog file at a time. The best way to achieve this is to have the images and the Catalog file on an external disk.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes i understood that already. When i'm able to work in both computers will not be at the same time, and will have the catalog (and the photos) in an external drive.

Do you know if with only one registration in Adobe Creative Cloud, i can install the same programs in my both computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can INSTALL Adobe CC Desktop App and your subscribed programs  in any number of computers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc). But you can only ACTIVATE in TWO computers. ( ie. you can only Sign in on two computers). Then you should only use ONE computer at any one time.

ACTIVATION ANSWERS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines