• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is not letting me import files via SD card.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am opening my lightroom application to import images. The import dialog box is opening and reading the card successfully although no images are showing. How could this problem be fix? I have work for a client need immediately. this problem is new to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

It appears you are importing using a USB cable from the camera. Unfortunately this is not very reliable with Lightroom (don't know why) and a typical way to solve this is to just use a card reader. They are way faster and more reliable than using the camera as a card reader. Also one of the main annoyance is that OS X will automatically open the photos app when you connect a camera or card.  You want to disable that as it messes up the import process. This is done in the image capture app. It is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import dialog box is opening and reading the card successfully although no images are showing.

I'm not understanding this, if no images are showing then how do you know it is reading the card successfully?

Please show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the files on the SD card using Mac Finder or Windows Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see the files in Mac Finder, and Adobe Bridge it just not in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you go out and by a card reader, try this:

The Destination Panel on the right is not shown. Right click in the middle of the words File Handling and select Destination from the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 7.00.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is A Snapshot. You can see the SD card on screen but there is no files being showed in the window screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you are importing using a USB cable from the camera. Unfortunately this is not very reliable with Lightroom (don't know why) and a typical way to solve this is to just use a card reader. They are way faster and more reliable than using the camera as a card reader. Also one of the main annoyance is that OS X will automatically open the photos app when you connect a camera or card.  You want to disable that as it messes up the import process. This is done in the image capture app. It is a really annoying default behavior that Apple builds in. For now what you should do is to copy the images onto your hard disk in finder or image capture and then import from your hard disk (you can use move to organize the images and not double your storage requirement) instead of from the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second the recommendation of a card reader.

In the Import dialog, open the Destination panel and make sure it is pointing to where you want/expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am also having the same issues, have not been able to import photos into lightroom.

I have checked all my setting to see if  I could find any changes that may have occurred, nope.

The  photos can be read in Photoshop and Bridge, can they be imported now into lighroom?

A bit of help to get back on track would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.....card readers for my XQD cards are no longer working to download photos... i have purchased two new ones and neither work.... no problem downloading from the camera ...without changing any settings... I am at a loss to figure out what has chnaged 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For me it was a computer setting due to updates to Lightroom. I was able to call them and they walked me thru some changes in settings to be able to upload again. It’s been a while so I don’t recall, but call them and hopefully they’ll be able to help. If one person doesn’t know call back and see if someone else knows. I think I talked to a few people.

Marina Storm - Picture Perfect House
Cell: 630-429-4811
http://www.pictureperfecthouse.com/
https://www.instagram.com/pictureperfecthouse/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines