• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is super green

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I am at a loss with Lightroom (classic cc).

Earlier, I switched catalogs and noticed the photos looked a little strange. (I went back to working on an elopement for which I had edited a bunch of photos for a preview a couple weeks ago). I looked at the photos I had edited already and thought they looked weird. I decided to calibrate my monitor, thinking maybe that was the issue, but it didn't change anything. Then I exported a few to see if there was any difference, and I found that the exported image looks correct, the way I remember it being, but it looks weird and desaturated and green in Lightroom. How would that even be possible? It isn't possible to change color space in Lightroom, right? I have tried soft proofing, and that doesn't change anything. I checked, and I am exporting srgb, and everything is fine there. I have had the opposite problem where things looked good in Lightroom but bad once exported, but never this. It is so strange. It was fine one day and then all weird today.

The only things I can think of that I did right before all this: I got a new computer a few weeks ago (tower only, not monitor), and so I have been transferring my catalogs from the old computer to the new and ended up with a copy of my catalogs on an external drive and one on the computer itself. I had been editing on the catalog on the drive and then thought that was dumb I want to be editing on the one on the actual computer and so I switched, but Lightroom freaked out a little bit when I tried to switch to the other one because the catalog had the same name as it was a copy. So I renamed it by adding a 2 to the catalog name when viewing it in windows explorer. Immediately after that, everything went wrong. Could I have somehow effed everything up when doing that? I have been googling but am just at a total loss.

I have attached two screenshots for reference. In the color one, the photo on the left is viewing in Lightroom and the one on the right is the exported one, which looks how I remember it looking, how I want it to look, and how it used to look in Lightroom as well.

In the black and white one, you can see just how bad it is.

I have tried calibrating my monitor (twice), uninstalling and re-installing Lightroom, restarting my computer, deleting all previews, switching catalogs, creating new catalogs, and nothing has effected it at all. wtf2.pngwtf.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

I Fixed the problem myself.

Notes are:

When I took screen shots of the problem and sent them to some colleague they said everything looked the same.

I have checked it myself on my laptop screen + My phone's screen. it did look the same.

This info made me think that this is not a software issue but rather a Hardware issue.

I have replaced My HDMI Cable + My USB-C to HDMI Adapter (which is, a pretty expensive one) to an "Original" Apple adapter.

after completing these two simple (but expensive) re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due to a bad/corrupt monitor profile. You should calibrate your monitor using calibration hardware. If you don't own that, go into your monitor's properties and delete any profile you see assigned to the monitor. This will make windows assume your monitor is sRGB. That should fix the immediate problem but you should really calibrate your monitor using calibration hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar problem, just that the picture itself does not become as green as your, but it does turn green. another thing is that the entire Lightroom window is turning green as well. this only happens when I am on FIT more, when I took to 1:1 it fixes it self.

I don't know what this might even be.

I'm working on a MBP 16' 15" with an a USB-C to HDMI adapter. My screen is a Dell U24 series kendrad8544240​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, My screen is Hardware calibrated with a Spyder 5Pro tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Fixed the problem myself.

Notes are:

When I took screen shots of the problem and sent them to some colleague they said everything looked the same.

I have checked it myself on my laptop screen + My phone's screen. it did look the same.

This info made me think that this is not a software issue but rather a Hardware issue.

I have replaced My HDMI Cable + My USB-C to HDMI Adapter (which is, a pretty expensive one) to an "Original" Apple adapter.

after completing these two simple (but expensive) replacements the problem fixed itself. It appeared that the problem wasn't only happening in Lightroom, but all over MacOs. It took me time to notice because the greenish tinting was really really slight and appeared stronger (or more viewable) on B&W images, where the tint actually became visible.

Conclusion: Check you hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toma43502329  wrote

this only happens when I am on FIT more, when I took to 1:1 it fixes it self.

Is this a very noisy image? It could be a screen resampling artifact. The 1:1 view is normally the only accurate one, as it maps exactly one image pixel to one screen pixel.

Can you post a 1:1 screenshot (or cropped portion at 1:1)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. Turning off Windows 11 display settings "Use HDR" option before launching Lightroom resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines