• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom issue

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I click on the LightRoom icon it will pop up like it is about to open and then disappear. It will not open. Has anyone else had this problem beofre?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have been having this exact problems for a few days. I have done all the logic basic things, reload, reinstall etc. i have no problem with Photoshop. I have one other computer running LR classic and runs fine. With a good number of users having this problem, one would think that Adobe would have come out and lend a hand...

I hope someone can help.

Manny Goncalves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com) 

  

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

  

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

Which operating system do you use? 

Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

  

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot.  

insert graphic compact.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel, thank you for your assistance. Because Lightroom doesn`t start up I have no way of accessing anything within the program, including preferences. Any ideas you may have is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no way of accessing anything within the program, including preferences. 

You can -Delete, Rename, Move, the Preferences file 'manually' without having Lr-Classic running- as in these instructions:

How do I reset Lightroom's Preferences? | The Lightroom Queen

The "Lock File" problem suggested by @GoldingD  would normally throw up an error message, but here are instructions to check this answer-

LOCK FILE DELETION - LR-CLASSIC

Have you tried to Manually diable the GPU acceleration as suggested by @AxelMatt ? Instructions in the link that was posted-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Some other suggestions here-

PREVIEW CACHE ERROR OPENING Lr

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did LrC perhaps not close properly? Did it crash? If so, is the lock file still in existence, had LrC properly closed, the lock file  would have been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines