• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom keeps freezing

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed after a pc upgrade that Lightroom was acting buggy.

I went from a i7 7900k to a 7900x.

Installed Adobe programs from C: to a dedicated Adobe nvme 1tb WD black m.2 drive.

The rest of the PC stayed the same;

GPU: RTX2080 Ti FTW3

RAM: 64 GB gskills

I shoot on the EOS R and always convert the CR3 to DNG files. First project on the new upgraded set up and I noticed zooming into a photo and moving across the image in the develope tool is choppy/laggy. And after about 10-15 minutes on Lightroom I hear an error sound and Lightroom completely locks up. Does not say there is an error or not responding. I have to open up task manager and force close. And when I go reopen the catalog it says it's already open. Only way to open is to remove the .lock file under catalog file location. 

my performance preferences I have had cache set to 50, 100, 150 & 200 gb both on dedicated Adobe drive and another nvme gen 4 drive and same issue.

i have gpu processing enabled. I tried disabling it and no good. 
I have uninstalled , reinstalled , reinstalled older version of Lightroom and still have the same issue weather I keep or remove preferences on the resinstall.

i even removed the PC overclock to boost single core performance and nothing. 
pc runs fine on every other single or multi core program except Lightroom. I have not experienced issues like this on photoshop or after effects . 

Anyone else run into this issue or have come across a fix ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version NUMBER? What operating system version NUMBER? (We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "up-to-date")

Is there an error message? If so, please provide the exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Have you run diagnostic tests on your new CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup left that out. OS windows 10 pro x64

I had Lightroom classic 10.2 installed when this was happening. i since have uninstalled and reinstalled 10.1 & 10.0 and had the same issue. 

No error comes up that's the strange part. Lightroom classic just freezes and I cant do anything on it. But I can use the computer just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I can use the computer just fine.

This isn't what I asked. I specifically want to know if you have run diagnostics on your new CPU (and if you did, what was the result).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also diagnostic comes up with no errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried this and sadly it did not work. still freezes up about 15-20 minutes into using lightroom classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any Logitech addons installed?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No plugins installed. It's a clean install of Lightroom classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Logitech addons / options in Windows?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only logitech addon/software i have installed is ghub. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing: Make sure the RAW file formats (CR3, DNG in your case) as well as the catalog and the preview folders are excluded in your AntiVirus solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines