• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom .LRCAT file exports as a folder

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm trying to export my catalog with the smart images but every time I export it my .LRCAT file turns into a folder with multiple folders inside instead of a singular file. I've followed all the instructions of exporting but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Previews for Develop are held external to the Catalog file itself, in a separate subfolder (just as the preview images for Library module are). You might separately "package" a copy of this Catalog along with its Smart Previews folder, to be then sent as a single file - e.g. a .ZIP archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
So the catalog file .LRCAT for sending, is inside one of those folders? Or in a whole

different area? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Mac it will look like a single file. Maybe that was shown in the instructions you found. On Windows it looks like a folder with subfolders.

In the attached screenshot, from Windows, the catalogue is the LRCAT file and there are other folders for previews and smart previews. They're all inside a folder "Exp" on my PC's desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines