• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom message "Verifying Adobe Lightroom Classic" problem

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 3 days, each time I try to open Adobe LR Classic on my Mac, I get a message that reads "Verifying Adobe Lightroom Classic" and then it starts very slowly it's verifying process and never loads.  This has also happened with Photoshop, so I uninstalled then reinstalled Photoshop. For now, everything seems ok with Photoshop.  But I hesitate to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom because I think I'm going to have to reimport all of my photos.  True?  Any suggestions?  Working with macOS Catalina version 10.15.7.  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that happens every time there is an update. When you first boot the app after the update The Adobe Creative Cloud app will verify the install before opening the app. Make sure that the Adobe Creative Cloud app is up to date.

I would also try "shutting down" your computer and reboot. Do not do a restart, let it power off.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Are you signed  in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But I hesitate to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom because I think I'm going to have to reimport all of my photos. True?

No! Not True.

Your photos remain exactly in the Folders where they were placed when you imported to the Hard-drive location.

All your editing work done in Lr-Classic is saved in the Catalog (.LRCAT) file . This file (that is also in a backup) is NOT deleted or changed by re-installing Lightroom-Classic.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines