• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Metadata

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR suggested at one photo that the metadata has been changed and if i wanted to update it. I was about to export the photos in that specific collection so all were selected at this moment. as i said yes to update it from the disk LR started updating all files in the folder. i managed to cancel the operation but it already changed the metadata at least in 30 pictures. hence all went back to original and i lost the edits i made.

Is it possible to get back the edits?

ps: The catalog has been backed up today and i did only a few little edits since so i dont care if I loose those but the 30 edits are hurting a bit.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Ctrl-Z (Undo)?

If you made a backup before this happened, you can open the backup catalog in LrC, and find the collection in the there (which should have the proper metadata). From there, it's up to you if you want to use the entire backup catalog, or just that one collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

thank you for your reply!

i did try to undo but i wasn't able to do so.

but the latter helped. luckily i had a back up which was only few hours old so i managed to get back my edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines