• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile for Android doesnt show the pictures... help!

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and S8, which has both LR mobile installed.

After few days of fresh install, it will quit showing all the images. Just grey squares...

I love the app for its features where I can fill the images while on the move but i have to uniinstall and reinstall the app for the images to begin showing back up.

I do have current subscription to CC and LR mobile works fine on desktop browsers.

Both offline downloaded collection and regular collection behave the same.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Hi,

This same thing happened to my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.  I solved it a few days ago by unmounting and remounting the SD card.  It's still working fine.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention the app is using the micro sd card for image storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hyokil,

Could you please try clearing the App cache or reinstall the app and check if that helps?

You might wanna sign out of the mobile app and sign back in.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done both.

Clearing App Cache: no help, i have tried this before with no avail..

Uninstalling and reinstalling: this fixes it. but only for few days/weeks.

Since I have posted the question for help, I have done the reinstall method and pictures came back for a ~week. but now its gone again.
Only this time, I didn't store the photos on the micro sd card. All internal. It still ended as a same result though, same blank look:
Screenshot_20170717-084950.png - Google Drive

I love the app but at this point it is unusable. It has to be software issue as I had the exact same problem for nearly a year on the S7 and now the new S8.

Please advise, as I am at my wit's end with this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that the Lightroom Mobile has been updated to v3.0. So my phone did a fresh install.

However, again, after ~week, EVERY photo will not load. Its weird because I cannot be the only one with this issue, this issue is repeatable on multiple phones on my end. Only way to fix it is uninstall/reinstall, which defeats the point of the app to be able to save time by doing culling/review on the phone...

Please see this screen shot, and please help.

Screenshot_20170725-075703.png

Screenshot_20170725-075717.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This same thing happened to my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.  I solved it a few days ago by unmounting and remounting the SD card.  It's still working fine.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Samsung mobile phone and I don't have an SD card. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling which temporarily works but it's back to blanks squares in a couple of days. Force stop didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy, I'm currently having the same issue, if u managed to resolve it may you please please help me, or if anyone knows how I can fix it, please assist me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who can help with multiple things related to this topic.

Hi,

So I've been experiencing very similar issues, and sadly due to Adobe's rubbish phone support I ended up losing just over 45,000 images which I'm really not happy about, and instead of helping me or trying to fix the error, they blamed it on my own doings (after following THEIR instructions) and ended up closing my case.

Luckily I had a back up of some of my images, but I've lost so many that I can't get back it's unbelievable. The customer support is useless, they 'can't transfer to higher support, can only offer a call back' which 'can take upto 48 hours' I'm nearly 5 days without phone call back, and I'm considering finding another software which I don't want to do as I've been using lightroom for so long that I don't really want to change, I've got everything I need on their saved and ready for my next photoshoots editing session. 

But recently I got so annoyed with losing all my images, I purchased a new 512GB SD card & a tablet for my editing and then added my back up(s) to said SD card, then deciding I'd add said back up(s) back to my lightroom albums.

- I've attempted to add them back nearly 10 times in the space of 3 days, and all I'm getting is a blank screen (see my image attached) like this, and then if I click a blank spot where it's showing an image, I have to wait roughly 10 minutes just for it to load an image, I could spend days trying to edit with the amount of images in one album if I had to do it this way.

So my question really is, does anyone actually no a fix for this? Because it says solved on the forum, but this is not solved.

Things I have tried already (bare in mind I do NOT use Lightroom PC, mobile version and only mobile) 

• Eject SD card, reinsert SD card, Reboot device - nothing
  • Clear cache - nothing
  • Clear app cache - nothing
  • Uninstall and reinstall app - nothing
  • Contact Customer support - nothing 

However this it's where it gets weird, on my phone version, it shows the previews, but on my tablet it doesn't, and I've even uninstalled it off my phone to see if it was maybe sync problems, my phones on its way out and I don't really use it enough to worry about having one, so I'd like to primarily use my tablet, so if anyone could explain how to fix this, I'd would really be greatful.

Thanks,

Andy 

Screenshot_20210906-230347_Lightroom.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrimeShotUK

(bare in mind I do NOT use Lightroom PC, mobile version and only mobile) 

If you do not use Lightroom Classic, the program that runs only on a computer, keeps a database, the catalog, on a computer, and normally stores photos on the computer, then why are you venting in the Lightroom Classic community?

You probably should have posted, with less venting, over at:

LR Lightroom ecosystem (Cloud Based)

Unfortunately you are new, so I suspect, you do not have the rights to edit your own reply yet, if you did, you could edit the reply (none if us can delete) replacing all that venting with something like "my bad, deleted"

and see:

Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices

Adobe Support Community Guidelines

Not an Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for that update, I wasn't aware truth be told, I just googled my problem and this popped up so presumed i was in right place, sorry guys, if anyone dies know a solution that would be cool otherwise I will try and find myself the right place.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines