• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile -> Lightroom Classic workflow – can I do it better?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom Classic (LrC) for some time now and keep all photos (DNG format) and edited versions on a local disk in a date based file structure with an appropriate backup regime.

When travelling I wish to use my tablet (Samsung) to preview raw images, make minor changes/enhancements in Lightroom mobile and then move the images and edits to my local storage when I return home.

So when travelling I :-

1. Copy files from my camera SD card to my tablet
  2. Import those images into lightroom on the tablet in the camera raw format
  3. Modify some images on the tablet

On return home I :-

1. Sync Lightroom Classic with the tablet/Creative Cloud (having enabled this process in Lightroom Classic -> Preferences -> location)
  2. Select and then “Drag and drop” various date based groups of images from the sync’ed location to the appropriate location on the local disk within Lightroom Classic
  3. Use LrC to convert raws to DNG folder by folder
  4. Delete images from Creative Cloud - otherwise I would fill up my cloud storage allowance
  5. Remove files from tablet - otherwise I would fill up tablet storage

While this process appears to work in that the images are now available in LrC with any edits transferred and reversible, it is quite long winded and I suspect prone to human error.

Any comments are welcome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

That's the preferred workflow, although I would not convert the images to DNG on return.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the preferred workflow, although I would not convert the images to DNG on return.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar question. Once I have added photos or video to LR Mobile on my android phone then open LRC on my PC the new added photos or video are synced to LRC. How and can I then move those photos or videos to a different location (folder) on my hard drive without creating a copy or virtual copy and what happens to photos or videos on the cloud? I hope this makes sense?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can move these images just like you move any other image. Use drag & drop in the folder panel. This will not create a copy and will not do anything with the synced image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines