Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile photo rename?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can I get Lightroom mobile to automatically rename all photos I add to it? Or alternatively, can I get LR Desktop to rename the photos automatically when they get synced from LR mobile and put into the Lightroom Masters folder structure? Many thanks,

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Hi Phil,https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/how-to-batch-rename-photo-filenames-in-lightroom/

As you are looking to batch rename images in Lightroom, could you please follow this link and let us know if it helps you out:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/how-to-batch-rename-photo-filenames-in-lightroom/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/how-to-batch-rename-photo-filenames-in-lightroom/

As you are looking to batch rename images in Lightroom, could you please follow this link and let us know if it helps you out:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/how-to-batch-rename-photo-filenames-in-lightroom/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRM can't rename files.

Lightroom itself can do so, but it can't rename files automatically.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

does this work now in version 6.1 of Lightroom mobile (for iOS)?

I would really like to use the mobile feature to import my RAW pics from the camera via a CF-to-USB-C adapter into my iPad and have the pics synced with my library. But I want to have the pics renamed, as I import the pics directly in LR CC.

So I would need to setup rename while importing from the CF-card or while syncing with my library. Result should be that I have the renamed files on the local drive after the workflow...

Does anyone have the same issue or better... can help?

Thanx for any tipps and... Merry Christmas!

astrosoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile still can't rename photos.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just putting a marker into this.  Batch changing file names (and then moving them to the title) is one of the main reasons why we still need to have the computer somewhere in my workflow.  Would be great to see this resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRM still not ready for the big leagues, what a shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!  I am waiting for this to happen on mobile.  Would be great when working in the field.  Please add this feature soon!

@WantingLRMtobePro wrote:

LRM still not ready for the big leagues, what a shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

c'mon guys, please, we really need this on the field, we're on the go shooting and sending, we flag them and export them, we just need the batch name change and bye laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines